July 6, 2009 — Wendy Moyle
A family reunion is the perfect event to center around a fun party theme. It makes it much easier to decorate and plan activites. For example, a Western theme would be perfect for all ages with a square dance and decorated with haybales and bandanas! If you decide not to have a theme, here are some casual yet festive decorations that are sure to have your family members begging you to plan another reunion next year!
• Greet your long lost relatives with an impressive balloon arch at the entrance of your party.
• Many times a reunion centers around the celebration of a birthday or a landmark anniversary. Make it truely a special occasion by hanging a Personal Photo Memories Mural in a prominant place. By having your own special photo on this you are making your reunion a very personal experience for all who attend!
• If you are decorating a large area, or want to make any area look more intimate and festive, drape and swag our gossamer across ceilings, walls, and the edges of table skirting. Twist two colors together for a stunning look.
• Never underestimate the power of decorating with Balloons, as they can transform any size room into a cozy space in minutes at a very low cost. You can choose to inflate balloons with helium, but you need not think that is the only option. In order to save money, inflate hundreds of balloons in colors to match your theme without using helium. Tie a 6-8 foot piece of curling ribbon to the end of each one. Using scotch tape, masking tape, or straight pins, hang balloons down from the ceiling so they hang at different lengths. Curl the loose end of the ribbon with scissors.
If you are hanging the balloons in a gymnasium, or large hall, cut the ribbon to a length appropriate for the height of the ceiling. A very cost effective means to transform a large space into a much more intimate one, is to hang the balloons down from different spaces all over the area you are decorating.
• Whether you are indoors or outside, there are so many ways places to hang lighted paper lanterns to create a wonderfully soft-lit atmosphere!
Table Decorations & Napkins:
• We offer a large selection of table covers, cups, plates and cutlery. These are available in just about any color, so you’re sure to find something perfect for your particular reunion setting.
• For an old-fashion picnic setting, try gingham tablecovers and coordinating ensemble. These alone set the stage for a great family picnic in the park!
• Order personalized napkins and have them imprinted with your party slogan and design of your choice. Select a metallic or foil imprint. The napkins will serve several purposes – great decorating in disguise and a delightful memento of the party that can be saved in scrapbooks for years to come!
Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or displayed at each place setting.
Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in Personalized Stadium Cups for a tall festive look.
Welcome family with a Personalized Family Tree Autograph Banner and have them sign the banner before they leave for a wonderful keepsake.